Factory Reset or Hard Reset is a method to delete or format of all your data from your device. Your device settings will be restored to its original manufacturer settings.
Be careful, While Reset your mobile.
Factory Reset deletes all your mobile data like media, contacts, and apps etc.
So before resetting backup all your android mobile data.
There are many methods available to Reset Android mobile. You can try the following methods until solving your problem.
Are you resetting your mobile because of slow down problem?
No need to reset because of this problem. Please check out this guide How to Speed up an Android phone.
Otherwise, follow the below steps.
Table of Contents
Factory Reset from Settings
This Reset method is common for the number of Android mobiles.
- First, open settings menu.
- Then, select system > Reset or
- In some mobiles select Backup & Reset option.
- Now, it will ask your Password or PIN or Pattern. Please enter if needed.
- Then, choose Factory data reset Reset phone or Reset tablet.
- If you want to delete all your data, Select Erase everything.
- Wait for a while. After resetting please select Restart.
- Now setup your device.
Watch Video about Reset
Hard Reset with Buttons
You can also reset your device with power and volume buttons in your android mobile. Each mobile doesn’t contain the same method.
We are providing some common methods to Hard Reset your android phone with buttons.
- Switch off your mobile.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume down buttons
- Then release the held buttons when you will see the recovery menu.
- Highlight the recovery mode with volume down button and select it with the power button.
- Then select Wipe data/factory Reset.
- Then select Yes option.
- Finally, you will see recovery menu again, Now select Reboot System Now option.
Hard reset is done on your Android mobile. Now you need to go through the setup process again.
Note: If you do not see the Recovery menu, again press and hold the Power button and Volume up buttons to load recovery menu.
Reset Device from Another Device
You can also Reset your android mobile with another android device or Computer or tablet. If you reset with this method, Your locked device must
- Be turned on or switch on.
- Be connected to the internet.
- Have Find My Device option turned on.
If you want to reset with the method, Check out Reset android from another device.
Reset Pattern (Below Android 4.5)
If your mobile is using Android 4.4 or lower version, You can unlock your device pattern with Google account.
- After the number of failed attempts, You will see an option Forgot pattern.
- Click on Forgot Pattern.
- Then enter Google(Gmail) account username and password which is you previously added to your Android device.
- Finally, Reset your screen lock.