Here you can get information about Best Apps For 18-Month-Olds. Whilst, we would not recommend children spending long periods on apps or other screen-based software at 18-month-olds. If you are keen to let your child try them for a few minutes at a time at this age, here are some great apps that can entertain and support development in various areas.
These apps will help your kids to discover a wonderful world of different shapes, colors and sounds, not mention learning how to use interactive devices. Here is some list of the best apps for your 18-Month-old.
Table of Contents
Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
Monkey Preschool Lunchbox is a collection of 7 exciting educational games for your preschooler (ages 2 to 5). Available only on Google Play for the first time in 8 languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese!
- 7 different games that teach kids about colors, letters, counting, differences, and matching.
- The lovable animated monkey helps kids along as they play the games.
- Dozens of sounds and voice recordings of colors, letters, fruit names, and more.
- Animated Stickers! Kids get a sticker reward after every other game they win.
- Designed for preschoolers — no confusing menus or navigation.
- Unlimited play! Each game flows right into the next.
|27 October 2020
|4.4 and up
|Rated for 3+
PBS KIDS Games
The PBS KIDS Games app makes learning fun and safe with amazing games featuring favorites like Daniel Tiger, Wild Kratts, Donkey Hodie, Alma’s Way, and more! Play hundreds of free educational games designed for your child and watch as they learn with their favorite PBS characters.
Your child can play and learn with PBS KIDS in English and Spanish thanks to familiar faces like Alma, Cat in the Hat, and Curious George. Download games and play from the safety of your home or anywhere you take your device and keep the fun going offline.
Your child will learn and play in a safe, kid friendly interface, making preschool and early elementary education fun and easy. Start your child’s learning adventure today!
NEW GAMES ADDED WEEKLY
- Kids will keep learning and having fun with new games added frequently
- Build STEM skills with science, engineering, and math puzzles
- Play games geared to help with social concepts like kindness, mindfulness, and emotions
- Foster healthy habits by learning daily routines
- Spark creativity and imagination with art games
LEARNING GAMES To GRADE SCHOOL EDUCATION
- 200+ FREE curriculum-based games for kids ages 3-8
- Explore mazes, puzzles, play dress-up, coloring, and more
- Encourage early learning with educational games for kids in different school subjects
- Science games
- Math games
- Reading games
- Art games
- And more!
PLAY GAMES FROM PBS SHOWS
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Wild Kratts
- Donkey Hodie
- Alma’s Way
- Odd Squad
- Pinkalicious & Peterrific
- Elinor Wonders Why
- Let’s go Luna
- Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum
- Scribbles and Ink
- Curious George
- Molly of Denali
- Cat in the Hat
- Sesame Street
- Nature Cat
|4 March 2022
|Varies with device
|5.1 and up
|Rated for 3+
Uniquely available in British English!
Do your kids and toddlers like puzzles? Want a game that is fun AND educational? Download Puzzingo FREE today!
Kids, toddlers, and babies love Puzzingo! Its puzzles and mini-games are full of interactivity, animations, and fun for repeat learning and plays. Unlike jigsaw puzzles, very Puzzingo puzzle piece has a name, so children will build vocabulary while playing. We use professional voice actors with accurate pronunciations to support learning in many languages, including British English, American English, Japanese, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese!
These puzzles help toddlers and kids develop spatial recognition, matching, tactile, and fine-motor skills. Visual and audio cues throughout the apps are designed to also make the game accessible for children with autism, kids in speech therapy, and children with special needs.
When a puzzle is completed, the child will be rewarded to a variety of fun mini-games. Just like the puzzles, these games are also designed to be enjoyable by developmentally delayed, autistic, and special needs children.
Puzzingo comes with 8 free puzzles containing over 100 vocabulary words. In addition, your kids and toddlers can look forward to a new Daily Free Preview puzzle game every day. If you would like more content, there are over 100 puzzles in over 13 puzzle packs available for purchase. All purchases are locked behind parent-gates to block accidental purchases by children. The puzzles include core concepts such as ABC, shapes, colors, numbers, food, music, and weather. They also cover kids’ favorite topics – animals, cars, trains, princesses, rockets, and more.
|25 October 2021
|4.1 and up
|Rated for 3+
|77SPARX Studio, Inc.
Kids Academy learning app
Based on tried-and-true approaches to preschool education, Kids Academy’s Early Learning Center is the best educational app for kids from 2 to 10. It develops English reading, writing and math skills through fascinating games!
Kids Academy adapts USA learning system to Play Group, Nursery, LKG, UKG, and helps to start learning English in pre-primary and primary school.
Prepare your kid for success in class & beyond with our complete learning course for AGES 2 to 10:
- Over 5,000+ learning activities: GAMES, VIDEOS, WORKSHEETS;
- PERSONALIZED learning plan that adapts to your child;
- Designed by experts in early education;
- Progress tracking and reporting;
Over 20,000,000 kids around the world enjoy with Kids Academy learning games!
Talented and Gifted learning academy was created to help identify and nurture the talents of every child from the earliest stage! Hone writing and reading skills, develop a mindset for math, sharpen visual perception and hand-eye coordination – all through with the help of gamification!
Kids Academy learning plan covers all aspects of preschool education, ensuring that our young students have comprehensive knowledge, deep understanding and a set of skills that will help them excel in their further education. Kindergarten Math will help your little learner to better understand materials in preschool or Kindergarten and worksheets will help to better remember and revise the materials
PLENTY OF LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Over 5,000+ educational games, videos, and printables developed by experts in early education:
- Math, writing, phonics and reading games
- SORT, MATCH, and CLASSIFY games
- Animated flashcards, puzzles and mazes
- Topic-related educational videos
COMPLETE EARLY LEARNING COURSE (AGES 2-10)
The app provides a step-by-step learning pathway that lets toddlers develop early skills by moving from elementary concepts to more complex attributes. Kids will start with learning ABC, tracing letters and numbers and will gradually move to tasks that require deeper visual, fine motor and problem-solving skills.
All learning games for kids are divided into age groups and can be played as a consistent Learning Path.
|20 December 2021
|Varies with device
|6.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Preschool & Kindergarten Learning Kids Games
Goodnight Mo is a magically sleepy and comforting bedtime book. As night falls and the moon rises, a cute little monster gets ready for bed. Beautiful imagery, gently rhyming narration, and soothing music make Mo’s bedtime routine the perfect way to wind down before going to sleep.
From the very first yawn, little ones will discover charming surprises in each of the 3D pop-up scenes: they will delight in gently sending various animals to the land of nod, popping bubbles in a bath, brushing Mo’s teeth, and rocking the little monster to sleep.
Goodnight Mo is part of the StoryToys Junior line. Designed for young children aged 18 months to 3+ years old, it includes the following features:
- Full 3D experience – it’s just like a real book
- 8 enchanting 3D pop-up scenes packed with simple animations and interactive elements
- Read to Me or Read it Myself modes
- Fully narrated in each language by professional actors
- Wonderfully illustrated, with beautiful, colorful imagery
- Featuring a charming musical score and soft, sleepy sound effects
- Kidscreen 2016 Award
- Winner of the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award
- 11 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards
- 2 iLounge awards for best kids’ app
- Mom’s Choice awards
- Shortlist nominations for the FutureBook Digital Innovation Award
- Best Kids’ App Ever winner
- Longlisted for the DBW Publishing innovation award
- 9 Tech With Kids Best Pick App Awards
|15 January 2014
|2.3.3 and up
|Rated for 3+