On this page, you can easily know about Best Brain Training Games. Brain-training games capitalize on the ease with which we game by offering a wealth of puzzles and problems that can be played for hours or merely minutes at a time. Learn more about the top brain-training games that can sharpen the mind and potentially prevent cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Brain training may help improve your memory, response time, and logic skills, although research shows that the relationship between brain training games and improved cognitive function is complicated.
Table of Contents
Lumosity’s cognitive training program is a fun, interactive way to train your brain and learn about how your mind works. Used by over 100 million people worldwide, Lumosity’s program consists of games designed to exercise memory, speed, flexibility and problem-solving.
Begin with a free 10-minute Fit Test to set your baseline scores, and see how you compare with others your age.
THE APP INCLUDES
- 40+ activities …and counting.
- Challenges for memory, speed, logic, problem-solving, math, language, and more.
- Carefully curated sets of games made for you.
- Personalized challenges based on your training habits and preferences.
DETAILED TRAINING INSIGHTS
- Information about your game strengths and weaknesses as you progress through your training.
- Analysis of your game play to help understand your cognitive patterns.
THE STORY BEHIND LUMOSITY®
We’re a team of scientists and designers exploring new ways to challenge the brain and advance cognitive research. We take common cognitive and neuropsychological tasks, or create entirely new, experimental challenges. Then, working with experienced designers, we transform these tasks into games and puzzles that challenge core cognitive skills.
We also work with 40+ university researchers worldwide. We give qualified researchers free access to Lumosity training and tools, helping them investigate new areas in the cognitive sciences.
We invite you to train with us and join in our mission to advance the understanding of human cognition.
|31 August 2021
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Lumos Labs, Inc.
A great collection of brain training games. Mind Games is a great collection of games based in part on principles derived from cognitive tasks to help you practice different mental skills. This is the free, ad-supported, version of the hit brain training app. Mind Games includes nearly 3 dozen of Mindware’s brain training games (some of which allow you to play 3 times and require upgrading to play more).
All games include your score history and graph of your progress. The games list shows a summary of your best games and today’s scores on all games. Using some principles from standardized testing, your scores are also converted to a comparison scale so that you can see where you need to work and excel. You might also be able to notice the effects of various lifestyle factors on your performance through the score history.
Mind Games is also now available on iPhone/iPad and Windows.
Languages available: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Japanese.
Description of Games and Theorized Abilities (not all games available in all languages):
- Abstraction – Exercise your ability to quickly differentiate between words with a concrete vs. abstract meaning.
- Attention Training Game – Exercise your attention. Based on the flanker attention task. Practice your ability to ignore competing information and processing speed.
- Anticipation – Practice your ability to anticipate and respond rapidly.
- Divided Attention I – Practice your ability to divide your attention and respond rapidly.
- Face Memory – Memorize a group of faces and then see if you can recall them.
- Math Star – Practice your basic arithmetic skills, speed, and attention to detail.
- Memory Racer – Practice for your brain’s working memory and processing speed.
- Memory Flow – Practice your visual and verbal memory for the flow of events.
- Memory Match – Practice your memory for completed tasks.
- Mental Categories – Practice your processing speed and quick categorization skills.
- Mental Flex – Practice your cognitive flexibility and ability to ignore competing information.
|5 March 2022
|Varies with device
|Varies with device
|Rated for 3+
|Mindware Consulting, Inc
Eidetic: a person able to form or recall vividness and detail of an image.
Improve your memory with Eidetic. Eidetic is a memory challenge, this gives you an opportunity to exercise your brain.
- Eidetic has 3 Brainteasers, all of which will give you only 4 seconds to memorize.
- Memory Challenge Level has 98 levels plus 4 Bonus Eidetic Challenge.
- Photographic Memory Level has 98 levels, which start at a Medium to Very difficult level of challenge.
- Survival Challenge has 4 Eidetic Challenge, which each of these challenges has infinite levels.
Your highest level will be recorded and will be registered to Eidetic Leader board. There are only few people who have extraordinary memory abilities, who knows you might be one of them!
|13 August 2018
|4.0.3 and up
|Rated for 3+
Sudoku free puzzle is a popular classic game with numbers to train your brain. Solve daily Sudoku and have fun! Thousands of number games to explore. Install Sudoku free app to start now!
Classic Sudoku for beginners and advanced players. Whether you’d like to relax or keep the mind active – pass the time pleasantly with Sudoku free puzzle game! Get a small stimulating break or clear your head! Take your favorite number game with you wherever you go. Sudoku is available offline. Playing this free Sudoku puzzle on mobile is as good as with a real pencil and paper.
Sudoku.com has 10000+ classic number games and comes in six difficulty levels: fast, easy sudoku, medium, hard sudoku, expert, and giant one! Play easy sudoku to exercise your brain, logical thinking, and memory, or try medium and hard sudoku to give your mind a real workout.
Our free sudoku puzzle games have some features that make this number puzzle easier for you: hints, auto-check, and highlight duplicates. What’s more, in our app each classic sudoku puzzle game has one solution. You will find all you need whether you are solving your first sudoku puzzle, or you’ve progressed to expert difficulty. Choose any level you like!
- Complete Daily Sudoku Challenges to get unique trophies
- Take part in Seasonal Events and win unique medals, solving sudoku puzzles
- Challenge yourself figuring out your mistakes, or enable Auto-Check to see your mistakes as you go
- Turn on Notes to make notes as on paper. Each time you fill in a cell on sudoku puzzle grid, notes are automatically updated!
- Highlight duplicates to avoid repeating numbers in a row, column, and block
- Hints can guide you through the points when you are stuck on sudoku free puzzles
- Statistics. Track your progress for each difficulty level of sudoku puzzle: analyze your best time and other achievements
- Unlimited Undos. Made a mistake? Or accidentally have the same numbers match in a row while solving a sudoku puzzle game? Just put it back quickly!
- Color themes. Choose one of three appearances to design your own sudoku kingdom! Play these fun number games with more comfort, even in the dark!
- Auto-save. If you leave a game with numbers unfinished, it will be saved. Continue playing sudoku puzzle game anytime
- Highlighting of a row, column, and box related to the selected cell
- Eraser. Get rid of the mistakes in the free sudoku games
- More than 10000 classic well-formed sudoku puzzle games with numbers
- 9×9 grid
- 6 perfectly balanced levels of difficulty. This free sudoku puzzle is suitable for both sudoku beginners and advanced evil sudoku players! Play fast, easy and medium levels to exercise your brain. Choose hard sudoku to improve your skills and try expert or giant puzzle with numbers for evil challenges.
- Support both phones and tablets
- Portrait and landscape mode for tablets
- Simple and intuitive design
|8 February 2022
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Elevate is a brain training program designed to improve attention, speaking skills, processing speed, memory skills, mental math, and more. Each person is provided with their own personalized mind training program that adjusts over time to maximize results.
The more you train with Elevate, the more you’ll improve critical cognitive skills that are proven to boost productivity, earning power, and self-confidence. 90%+ report improved vocabulary, math skills, and overall mental sharpness when they frequently use Elevate to challenge their minds.
Elevate offers a 7-day free trial as well as a free version. To access the free version, tap the X in the upper left-hand corner after you sign up for an account.
IN THE NEWS
“Elevate comes out ahead” in the battle of the brain training apps. – CNET
Elevate is a “cognitive pick-me-up” with games that are “good for mental breaks throughout the workday.” – Washington Post
- 40+ Brain Training Games: Improve your cognitive skills like focus, memory, processing, math, precision, and comprehension with 40+ brain training games and puzzles.
- Performance Tracking: Measure your performance against yourself and others. Weekly reports that highlight your key accomplishments and opportunities are delivered once per week.
- Personalized Workouts: Customize the focus of your daily workouts to train the mind skills you need most, and choose between 3 and 5 games and puzzles.
- Adaptive Progression: Train your brain with math and word exercises that get harder as you progress to ensure your experience remains challenging.
- Workout Achievements: Start a workout streak and stay motivated with over 150+ achievements to win while you train your mind.
WHY YOU NEED ELEVATE
- Express yourself more effectively in writing. Write with clarity, persuasiveness, and concision.
- Improve your spelling and punctuation. Avoid common writing pitfalls.
- Become a better reader. Flow through words with ease. Read everyday materials faster and with greater understanding.
- Expand your vocabulary. Learn how to use thousands of new words with fun games.
- Quickly and easily solve everyday math problems. Get better at comparing prices, splitting bills, and calculating discounts and markups.
- Speak confidently. Advance your speech with new words. Become more articulate and develop clear expression and tone.
RESEARCH BEHIND ELEVATE
Elevate’s brain games and puzzles are designed in collaboration with educational experts and are based on proven educational techniques. Elevate’s mental workout algorithms draw from cognitive research in attention and memory studies to develop a personalized training program for each user.
|22 February 2022
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Peak is the fun, free brain training workout designed around you. Peak uses brain games and puzzles to challenge memory, language and critical thinking to keep your mind active.
With brain games made in partnership with academics from leading universities like Cambridge and NYU, and more than 12 m downloads, Peak is a fun, challenging brain training experience.
It takes just 10 minutes a day to complete a brain training workout. And, with 45 brain games for adults, and new brain training workouts every day, there is always a fun challenge waiting for you.
- Free brain games to challenge your Memory, Attention, Math, Problem-Solving, Mental Agility, Language, Coordination, Creativity and Emotion Control.
- Learn which categories your brain excels in, and compete with friends by comparing your brain map and brain game performance.
- Coach, the personal trainer for your brain, helps you track your progress and improve.
- Cognitive brain training with games from expert researchers at Cambridge University, NYU and more.
- Works offline so you can enjoy Peak brain games wherever you are.
- Selected by Google as Editor’s Choice.
- More than 45 brain games available and regular updates to keep you challenged.
- Get personalised brain training workouts and in-depth insights with Peak Pro.
- Get access to Peak Advanced Training modules: intensive programs that train a specific skill, including the new Wizard memory game created with Professor Barbara Sahakian and Tom Piercy in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Cambridge.
|11 March 2022
|7.0 and up
|Rated for 3+