Here you can get information about Best Free Brain Game Apps. Forgetfulness is something that easily comes with age or with the lack of stimulation to your brain. Most of the time, it’s easy to remember what you initially forgot, but there are also times when you just can’t seem to put a finger on it. Fortunately, there are free brain games that can help you to improve your memory and other important cognitive skills.
In this page, we’ll be exploring different free brain games and how they will benefit the player.
Table of Contents
Lumosity’s cognitive training program is a fun, interactive way to train your brain and learn about how your mind works. Used by over 100 million people worldwide, Lumosity’s program consists of games designed to exercise memory, speed, flexibility and problem-solving.
Begin with a free 10-minute Fit Test to set your baseline scores, and see how you compare with others your age.
THE APP INCLUDES
- 40+ activities …and counting.
- Challenges for memory, speed, logic, problem-solving, math, language, and more.
- Carefully curated sets of games made for you.
- Personalized challenges based on your training habits and preferences.
DETAILED TRAINING INSIGHTS
- Information about your game strengths and weaknesses as you progress through your training.
- Analysis of your game play to help understand your cognitive patterns.
THE STORY BEHIND LUMOSITY®
We’re a team of scientists and designers exploring new ways to challenge the brain and advance cognitive research. We take common cognitive and neuropsychological tasks, or create entirely new, experimental challenges. Then, working with experienced designers, we transform these tasks into games and puzzles that challenge core cognitive skills.
We also work with 40+ university researchers worldwide. We give qualified researchers free access to Lumosity training and tools, helping them investigate new areas in the cognitive sciences.
We invite you to train with us and join in our mission to advance the understanding of human cognition.
|31 August 2021
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Lumos Labs, Inc.
Peak is the fun, free brain training workout designed around you. Peak uses brain games and puzzles to challenge memory, language and critical thinking to keep your mind active.
With brain games made in partnership with academics from leading universities like Cambridge and NYU, and more than 12m downloads, Peak is a fun, challenging brain training experience.
It takes just 10 minutes a day to complete a brain training workout. And, with 45 brain games for adults, and new brain training workouts every day, there is always a fun challenge waiting for you.
- Free brain games to challenge your Memory, Attention, Math, Problem-Solving, Mental Agility, Language, Coordination, Creativity and Emotion Control.
- Learn which categories your brain excels in, and compete with friends by comparing your brain map and brain game performance.
- Coach, the personal trainer for your brain, helps you track your progress and improve.
- Cognitive brain training with games from expert researchers at Cambridge University, NYU and more.
- Works offline so you can enjoy Peak brain games wherever you are.
- Selected by Google as Editor’s Choice.
- More than 45 brain games available and regular updates to keep you challenged.
- Get personalised brain training workouts and in-depth insights with Peak Pro.
- Get access to Peak Advanced Training modules: intensive programs that train a specific skill, including the new Wizard memory game created with Professor Barbara Sahakian and Tom Piercy in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Cambridge.
|11 March 2022
|7.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Elevate is a brain training program designed to improve attention, speaking skills, processing speed, memory skills, mental math, and more. Each person is provided with their own personalized mind training program that adjusts over time to maximize results.
The more you train with Elevate, the more you’ll improve critical cognitive skills that are proven to boost productivity, earning power, and self-confidence. 90%+ report improved vocabulary, math skills, and overall mental sharpness when they frequently use Elevate to challenge their minds.
Elevate offers a 7-day free trial as well as a free version. To access the free version, tap the X in the upper left-hand corner after you sign up for an account.
IN THE NEWS
“Elevate comes out ahead” in the battle of the brain training apps. – CNET
Elevate is a “cognitive pick-me-up” with games that are “good for mental breaks throughout the workday.” – Washington Post
- 40+ Brain Training Games: Improve your cognitive skills like focus, memory, processing, math, precision, and comprehension with 40+ brain training games and puzzles.
- Performance Tracking: Measure your performance against yourself and others. Weekly reports that highlight your key accomplishments and opportunities are delivered once per week.
- Personalized Workouts: Customize the focus of your daily workouts to train the mind skills you need most, and choose between 3 and 5 games and puzzles.
- Adaptive Progression: Train your brain with math and word exercises that get harder as you progress to ensure your experience remains challenging.
- Workout Achievements: Start a workout streak and stay motivated with over 150+ achievements to win while you train your mind.
WHY YOU NEED ELEVATE
- Express yourself more effectively in writing. Write with clarity, persuasiveness, and concision.
- Improve your spelling and punctuation. Avoid common writing pitfalls.
- Become a better reader. Flow through words with ease. Read everyday materials faster and with greater understanding.
- Expand your vocabulary. Learn how to use thousands of new words with fun games.
- Quickly and easily solve everyday math problems. Get better at comparing prices, splitting bills, and calculating discounts and markups.
- Speak confidently. Advance your speech with new words. Become more articulate and develop clear expression and tone.
RESEARCH BEHIND ELEVATE
Elevate’s brain games and puzzles are designed in collaboration with educational experts and are based on proven educational techniques. Elevate’s mental workout algorithms draw from cognitive research in attention and memory studies to develop a personalized training program for each user.
|22 February 2022
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
CogniFit is an interactive mental game application that helps stimulate cognitive skills through personalized training. Compare your cognitive skills with the rest of the global population and activate your brain with brain challenges, memory games, puzzles, ingenious games, and much more!
CogniFit offers a scientific patented technology, and it is recognized as a global leader in the Cognitive Assessment & Training Market. CogniFit combines advanced algorithms with cutting-edge gaming technology to detect and help to improve cognitive function.
- Personalized Brain Training programs designed to help exercise the brain. Mind challenges and exercises that will test your logic and genius
- Gamified digital cognitive systems that assess and help to improve 23 specific cognitive functions.
- An Individualized Training System™ (ITS) technology that automatically analyzes each user’s cognitive health and adjusts every user’s exercises to help improve their weakest skills
- Video Coaches guide you through your training and provide you with an interactive experience
- Brain games aimed at training memory
- Brain exercises focused on executive functions and reasoning
- Mental challenges for attention and concentration
- Mental agility games for coordination and planning
- Learning games and educational games for kids
- Specific exercises and brain games for kids and adults
DEVELOPED BY NEUROSCIENCE EXPERTS
To evaluate and train your brain functions it is important to choose applications with scientific activities such as those offered by CogniFit. This app is created by neuroscience experts. It evaluates and trains memory, attention, concentration, executive functions, reasoning, planning, mental agility, coordination, and many other essential cognitive abilities. This simple and user-friendly app is perfect for children age 7+, adults, and seniors of all ages.
|10 March 2022
|6.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Personal Zen is the only mobile game clinically validated to reduce stress and anxiety. Play the game and find relief. It’s that simple! Using a proprietary brain training technique, this easy and fun game leaves you feeling recharged and less anxious after using it for just minutes a day, a few days a week.
In addition to the core therapeutic game, developed by leading scientists, Personal Zen provides you with mood tracking, journaling, and exclusive tips and tools. Use it anywhere – at home, during breaks in your day, or on-the-go. Personal Zen provides immediate relief and boosts stress resilience when used over time.
THE POWER OF SMALL STEPS: BRIEF USE CAN REDUCE STRESS AND ANXIETY
To lower your overall stress and anxiety our research shows that you should play 4-5 times a week, for the time recommended by the app, between 6-12 minutes per day. Playing more (up to 40 minutes a week) has been shown to have potent stress- and anxiety-reduction effects, and playing less, even for only a few minutes, can boost your well-being and build resilience. A small-time investment can lead to big pay-offs in well-being over time.
FIND A MOMENT OF ZEN WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Take a break from stress and anxiety with Personal Zen. Use Personal Zen to prevent and lower stress and anxiety or use it when you’re in the midst of a stressful situation. By using Personal Zen, you train your mind to shift your attention towards a more positive focus while experiencing the calming effect of gameplay and accompanying music.
HOW DO I USE PERSONAL ZEN?
Start by completing a daily check-in and tune into your stress and mood. The check-in helps determine your personalized goal. To use Personal Zen, look for the sparkle to follow the friendly sprite (the smiling face) after it disappears. Don’t try to capture the friendly sprite. Simply tap the sparkle quickly, then smoothly trace the path left in its wake. A jewel will appear, telling you where to focus your attention next. Don’t let the angry sprite divert your focus from finding the sparkle. It’s natural to sometimes trace the path a couple of times to achieve accuracy.
Visit Positive Practices and take a few minutes to review tips and tools for reducing stress and anxiety from Dr. Tracy, creator of Personal Zen. Personal Zen offers science-based tools, like breathing exercises, musical therapy, and journaling, among other tips that help better manage stress and anxiety.
|24 June 2021
|7.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Personal Zen Ventures, LLC.
Brain Test: Tricky Puzzles
Brain Test is an addictive free tricky puzzle game with a series of tricky brain teasers. Different riddles and tricky tests will challenge your mind. This new puzzle game may break common sense and bring your new brain-pushing experience! You can enjoy yourself with your friends with this addictive and funny free IQ game. Think out of the box, crack the puzzles and get ready to take the quiz! You will enjoy this funny tricky test.
If you are a fan of word games, word search games, puzzles, sudoku puzzles, riddle games or any other quiz games, tricky test Brain Test is your best choice! Much funnier than classic test games.
- Tricky & Mind-blowing Brain Teasers and Brain Go: You will be tricked!
- Unexpected game answers to the great number of quizzes.
- Fun for All Ages: The best trivia game for family & friends’ gatherings!
- Enjoy this impossible quiz.
- Download this funny game for free.
- Endless fun and brain-pushing games.
- Great exercise for the brain.
- Simple and highly addictive game play.
- Great time pass with riddle games.
- Play without the internet.
|9 March 2022
|4.4 and up
|Rated for 3+
Happify’s science-based activities and games can help reduce stress, overcome negative thoughts, and build greater resilience by providing effective tools and programs to improve emotional well-being.
Our techniques are developed by leading scientists and experts who’ve been studying evidence-based interventions in the fields of positive psychology, mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy for decades.
86% of people who use Happify regularly report feeling better about their lives in 2 months!
HAPPINESS ISN’T JUST ONE THING. IT’S EVERYTHING.
Struggling with everyday challenges and being gripped by negativity can be toxic to one’s emotional and physical well-being, relationships, and performance at work. So when you start to turn the corner, and begin to learn the new habits of successful engagement with life, everything starts to look brighter and better.
SKEPTICAL JOURNALISTS TRIED IT FOR THEMSELVES, AND HERE’S WHAT THEY SAID:
ABC World News’ Mara Schiavocampo
“I gave it a shot for 5 weeks…it works!”
- The New York Times
- “Each track contains bite-size quizzes, games and activities that guide you to seeing more positive aspects of daily life.”
- The TODAY Show
- “These are things you can do every day — tasks you can complete and be rewarded for — to feel better, reduce stress, live a better life, & actually be happy.”
- Katie Couric: World 3.0 on Yahoo
- “[Happify] evaluates what’s keeping you from a high happiness quotient, then you’re given games and activities that will boost your mood, like Uplift, Serenity Scene, and Gratitude Walk.”
|31 January 2022
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Train Your Brain
Stimulate your memory and have fun with memory puzzles by Senior Games. A complete collection of games that will help you develop your memory skills while having fun. Remember, memory training is perfect for all ages. Our game can be played by kids or seniors. Within this app you will find different games to test your capacity of retention and memory in the short and long term. Our game includes classic games like matching pairs and more innovative games.
Each game has different levels so you can practice gradually. In addition, you can see the score obtained in each level and visualize your progress. Ideal to stimulate the memory of older people.
TYPES OF GAMES
- Find card pairs
- Repeat sequences
- Avoid obstacles and trace the right path
- Remember figures and numbers
- Memorize patterns
- Associate objects
- Memorize elements of different images
- Distractive games to stimulate working memory
- Daily memory training
- Available in 5 languages
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Different levels for all ages
- Constant updates with new games
Senior memory games belongs to a collection of games designed to stimulate different cognitive areas in adults: Memory, Attention, Processing speed, Visuospatial Function and Coordination.
The design of these games has been carried out in collaboration with experts in neuroscience and psychiatry, with the aim of creating playful content and, in addition, serve as a complement to the treatments carried out in health centers.
|15 April 2021
|4.4 and up
|Rated for 3+