Here you can get information about Graphic Design Apps for Android. Here, we bring you some of our favourite apps for designers with Android tablets to help you kick-start your mobile creativity. From budget Android tablets made by companies such as Tesco and Argos to powerful, high-end tablets made by Wacom, Android tablets – and smartphones too – are still very popular tools for designers from all walks of life.
What really makes tablets and smartphones useful for creative, though, are the apps available to install on those devices, but with so many apps to choose from in the Google Play Store it can be daunting task to try and pick out what’s worthwhile downloading.
Table of Contents
Created by developer Sean Brakefield, Infinite Design is a vector graphics apps for Android that lets you create designs using your tablet or smartphone.
If you want to try before you buy, the free version includes an infinite canvas, infinite layers and an infinite undo and redo system (hence the name), layer options such as split, merge, flip and duplicate and five symmetry tools, the ability to import images to the canvas and add special effects and a path editing and pen tool for precise control.
Rebuilt from the ground up: blazing fast, incredibly stable, with an improved interface.
An unparalleled experience
- Infinite canvas (pan, zoom, or rotate)
- Intuitive path editing
- Boolean operations
- Align and distribute objects
- Experiment with four types of symmetry
- Unlimited layers
- Unlimited undo with a history slider; scrub through from start to finish
- Easily construct shapes with the pen tool
- Draw 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides
- Text tool: horizontal, vertical, circle, or text on path
- It’s simple. It’s organized. It’s out of the way.
- Move your favorite tools to the top bar for quicker access
- Drag out the color wheel with two fingers
- Transform tool: Translate, Scale, Rotate, Flip, Distort, and Skew
- Gradient and Pattern Fill
- Rotate and flip the canvas
- Automatic shape detection
- Grid for reference or snapping
- Vectorize: turn any image into fully editable vector paths
Import and export
- Import and export SVG
- Add images from Gallery, Camera, or search the web
- Export images as JPEG, PNG, or SVG
- Share to Infinite Studio community or Instagram
- Search millions of colors, palettes, and patterns via ColourLovers
|23 December 2021
|7.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Infinite Studio LLC
From quick sketches to fully finished artwork, Sketchbook goes where your creativity takes you.
Sketchbook is an award-winning sketching, painting, and drawing app for anyone who loves to draw. Artists and illustrators love Sketchbook for its professional-grade feature set and highly customizable tools. Everyone loves Sketchbook for its elegant interface and natural drawing experience, free of distractions so you can focus on capturing and expressing your ideas.
- A full complement of brush types: pencils markers, airbrushes, smear and more that look and feel just like their physical counterparts
- Brushes are highly customizable so you can create just the look you want
- Guides, rulers and stroke tools support precision when you need it
- Layers with a full complement of blend modes deliver the flexibility to build up and explore drawings and color
- Purpose-built for sketching, the interface is clean and unobtrusive so you can focus on drawing
|2 July 2021
|5.0 and up
Adobe Capture CC
Adobe Capture turns your Android phone/tablet into a creation machine.
Imagine looking through your camera to see patterns, vectors, and even fonts. Now imagine turning those visions into design materials to immediately use in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Fresco, and more. The power to transform the world around you into creative assets to build your projects is in the palm of your hands today.
Vectorize on the Go
Create vectors instantly with Shapes. Turn images into smooth, detailed, scalable vectors with 1-32 colors, for use in logos, illustration, animation, and more. Point and shoot at your drawing or upload a photo and watch it magically transform into clean, crisp lines.
Find your perfect font using Adobe Capture. Take a photo of the type you like (in a magazine, on a label, a sign, anywhere!) and watch a list of similar Adobe Fonts magically appear.
Create Color Themes and Gradients
Designers, rejoice! Looking for customized color palettes? Find an inspiring gradient? Aim your camera at the scene that has the colors you want and capture them to use in your artwork.
Build Beautiful Digital Brushes
Can’t find the right brush to paint? Take a photo or use an image to create digital brushes that match your creative vision. Use your brushes in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fresco for rich painterly effects.
Craft Intricate Patterns
Capture inspiring images and generate patterns with Capture preset geometrics. Easily create beautiful, colorful patterns that fit with your creative projects by using your vector shapes with our precision pattern builder.
Generate 3D Textures
Generate realistic PBR materials for use in 3D design straight from the camera. Modify your materials for even more texture or blend the edges for seamless repeat tiling on your 3D objects.
|16 February 2022
|7.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Adobe Photoshop Sketch & Photoshop Mix
Transform your photography with Photoshop Mix. Cut out and combine images, change colors and enhance your photos anytime, anywhere. Share your creations with friends via social media and send them to Photoshop CC on your desktop for advanced photo editing.
- Cut out and remove sections of your images or merge multiple photos.
- Seamlessly combine photos together to create fun or surreal images.
- Adjust colors and contrast or apply preset FX Looks (filters) to your pictures. Enhance the entire image, or just a portion with the touch of your finger.
- Non-destructive editing means your original pics stay pristine and untouched.
- Quickly and easily share your creations on social media.
GET CONNECTED TO CREATIVE CLOUD
Love photography? Check out the Creative Cloud Photography plan. It gives you Lightroom and Photoshop, the most powerful editing tools around. With Creative Cloud, you can open and edit Photoshop files in Mix and send compositions to Photoshop CC for further refinement—layers, masks and all. Or open and mix Lightroom images. And all your edits are synced across all your computers and devices. Make a change on your Android phone, it’ll show up on your desktop. Take your photography further with the Creative Cloud Photography plan.
Sign up for an Adobe ID through Mix for free. Use your Adobe ID to keep track of your purchases, membership, updates and trials of Adobe apps and services. You can also use it to register products, track orders, contact Adobe Support and participate in Adobe forums and events.
|24 May 2021
|9 and up
|Rated for 3+
Convert your device into a digital sketchbook with more than 80 paint brushes, smudge, fill and an eraser tool. This fast and intuitive painting and drawing application will unlock the full power of your imagination. With support for pressure sensitive pens (like Samsung’s S Pen) your device will be transformed into a real canvas.
Important: this is a free application with advanced features requiring a pro license in-app purchase. Single licence purchase will activate all devices associated with your Google account.
Features (some functions require pro license):
- High performance (GPU accelerated) paint engine
- Canvases up to 6144×6144 with 50 layers
- Stylus pressure support
- Pressure simulation for touches
- 100+ brushes and tools (including smudge tool and gradient fill)
- Create custom brushes from imported images
- Selection and selection masks
- Layer clipping mask
|13 July 2020
|4.4 and up
|Rated for 3+
Adobe Illustrator Draw
Adobe Illustrator Draw and Photoshop Sketch are two drawing apps from Adobe. Illustrator Draw features a variety of drawing features, including layers, five different pen tips with various customization features each, and you can even zoom in up to x64 to apply finer details to your work.
When you’re done, you can export it to your device for sharing or you can export it to your desktop for use on other Adobe products. Photoshop Sketch has a variety of features of its own. Both apps can also work together so you can import and export projects back and forth between the two. They’re free downloads and you can get an optional Creative Cloud subscription to unlock more features.
Winner of the Tabby Award for Creation, Design and Editing and PlayStore Editor’s Choice Award!
Create vector artwork with image and drawing layers you can send to Adobe Illustrator or to Photoshop.
Illustrators, graphic designers and artists can:
- Zoom up to 64x to apply finer details.
- Sketch with five different pen tips with adjustable opacity, size and color.
- Work with multiple image and drawing layers.
- Rename, duplicate, merge and adjust each individual layer.
- Insert basic shape stencils or new vector shapes from Capture.
- Send an editable native file to Illustrator or a PSD to Photoshop that automatically opens on your desktop.
You can also take advantage of other Creative Cloud services like:
- ADOBE STOCK
- Search for and license high-res, royalty-free images from inside Draw. Incorporate quality imagery into your work.
- CREATIVE CLOUD LIBRARIES
- Get easy in-app access to your assets — including Adobe Stock images, photos you processed in Lightroom, or scalable vector-based shapes created in Capture.
- POWERED BY CREATIVESYNC
- Adobe CreativeSync ensures that your files, fonts, design assets, settings and more all instantly appear in your workflow wherever you need them. Start your creative work on any device and seamlessly pick it up on another.
|31 August 2021
|Varies with device
|9 and up
|Rated for 3+