On this page, you can easily know about Best Yoga Apps For Weight Loss. An estimated 300 million people practice yoga around the world (according to the International Yoga Federation). But, not all yoga is the same. From Vinyasa to Hatha to Ashtanga, different styles bring with them unique health and wellbeing benefits.
In this comprehensive review, we delve into the top apps that we found most effective for burning calories, toning muscle and ultimately losing weight. This is based on first-hand experience of downloading and using all the top-rated yoga apps and programs found on the app stores.
Table of Contents
Tune into your yoga practice on Alo Moves with over 2,500+ video classes from world-class instructors. Master skills and techniques that will advance your yoga practice, make you sweat, and connect body and mind.
SHORT ON TIME?
- Find your flow with yoga classes that give you exactly what you need, when you need it. Drop-in and start moving immediately.
REACH YOUR GOALS
- Want to build strength, learn to handstand, or get flexible? Our one-of-a-kind series provide you with the structure you need to progress in your journey. We have hundreds of yoga series to get you there!
SWEAT WITH THE BEST
- Advance your practice with yoga classes taught by internationally-recognized instructors such as Dylan Werner, Briohny Smyth, and Meghan Currie. Only the best instructors, right at your fingertips!
NEW CLASSES ADDED WEEKLY
- Keep your yoga practice fresh with brand-new classes and series added to your account every week. From Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Hatha, and Yin to Pre-Natal, Restorative, Meditation, and Barre, there is always room to grow with Alo Moves.
PRACTICE ANYWHERE, FEEL RIGHT AT HOME
- Tune in to the highest-quality video classes free of distractions, so you can focus on what’s really important — your yoga practice.
EVERYTHING WE DO IS TO HELP YOU GROW
- Advance your yoga practice at every level. Discover the perfect fit with beginner, moderate, intermediate, and advanced classes.
ACCESS CLASSES ON AND OFFLINE
- Desktop access: Log in to your Alo Moves account on the web and access your yoga classes and series with any online device.
Offline access: Download yoga videos with our app & watch them without an internet connection. Anywhere you take your Android phone or tablet is a place to practice.
- As you grow, we grow. We listen to our members to constantly provide new and improved features so you can practice, track, share, and grow with us at every stage of your yoga journey.
|13 March 2021
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Alo Yoga Inc
Stream unlimited yoga and meditation classes, programs, and challenges—with new daily live classes! Whether you’re just starting out or have been practicing for years, you’ll find every level of class to help you meet your practice goals. Get unlimited access for the first 30 days for free!
Practice with leading teachers in a variety of styles, including vinyasa, hatha, yoga for beginners, restorative, Kundalini, and Yin. Classes with some of the best yoga teachers in the world are now available wherever you are, so set up your mat and let’s begin.
- Explore a wide array of classes, ranging from 15 minutes to over an hour
- Save your favorites for later and track your progress
- Learn from experts in the fields of yoga therapy, anatomy, and more
- Experience 1000+ classes with 500+ teachers
- Advance your practice with podcasts and articles
- New live classes and content added daily
- Available in English and Spanish
Start today and get instant access with a 30-day free trial!
- Our yoga courses—led by experts in yoga therapy, anatomy, alignment, and more—can help you get started or take your practice deeper. Topics include Yoga to Soothe Sciatica, Healing and Preventing Wrist Pain, Yoga for Functional Movement, Strong Core Challenge, iRest Yoga Nidra, and many more.
- If you’re new to yoga, Yoga International is a great way to get started and experience the benefits of a sustained personal practice. Select your level of experience, and the app will choose classes that are right for you. And to get comfortable with the basics, check out our Beginner’s Guide to Yoga course.
FOR INTERMEDIATE, EXPERIENCED YOGIS, AND YOGA TEACHERS
- Already a yogi? That’s great! Yoga International provides many ways to deepen your practice. We offer challenging asana practices, nuanced yoga therapy classes, teaching method tutorials, pranayama intensives, ayurvedic yoga classes, and much more—and we publish new content daily. Take in-depth courses on topics such as Yoga for Strength and Stamina, Soar Higher: Advanced Arm Balance Workshop, and The Art of Deepening Backbends.
CLASSES THAT FIT YOUR SCHEDULE
- As many of our online classes are under 30 minutes, they’re easy to fit into a busy schedule. We’ve also created a variety of courses designed to get you on the mat when you’re crunched for time, including The Busy Yogi Challenge and our 30 for 30 Challenge.
|22 November 2021
|Varies with device
|Varies with device
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Learn and benefit from the life-changing skills of yoga in just a few minutes a day with Skill Yoga. Find hundreds of workouts on functional strength, mobility, flexibility and mindfulness. They are all designed to help you get better at what you do, whether you’re a competitive athlete looking for improved performance or just trying to get the most out of your everyday life. Download Skill Yoga to train anywhere, anytime and start improving your life, health and performance. The first workout of your plan will be completely free. Additionally, there’s more free workouts for you to discover in the library section.
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS WITH SKILL YOGA
- Whether you’re looking to build strength, increase mobility, relieve stress, or learn amazing new skills, there’s a workout or program for you. Choose from dozens of high-quality yoga, functional training, and mindfulness videos to reach another level of athletic performance and mental strength.
- Don’t have any yoga experience or fancy yoga tights? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with beginner programs for anybody, no need to put on any pants at home. Already experienced yogi? Our initial assessment will hook you up with a more advanced program.
BECOME A BETTER ATHLETE
- Still not convinced? LeBron James is doing yoga. Dirk Nowitzki is doing yoga. Maybe a lack of mobility, core strength and mindfulness is just what has been holding you back? Top-notch athletes from all around the globe are doing yoga, so why aren’t you? We’ve got a modern, functional and fun training system, based on state-of-the-art training science, waiting for you to take your performance to the next level.
TRAIN ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
- Practice anywhere with SkillYoga, your personal yoga and fitness studio for home and on the go. The only thing you need is a mat or towel to get started. Set your goal, let the Skill Coach create your personalized training plan, get unlimited access to dozens of Yoga workouts and increase your performance and develop a better body within weeks.
|21 November 2021
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
Yoga Wake Up
If you spend the first 10 minutes of your morning scrolling through news or social media, this app’s for you!
Replace your bad daily habit with a new healthy one — wake up peacefully with Yoga Wake Up, the FIRST EVER YOGA ALARM CLOCK, guaranteed to help you start your day off right!
What is a yoga wake up?
- A short AUDIO-GUIDED yoga or meditation sequence that starts in bed.
- Led to music such as Prince, Bon Iver, Bob Marley and instrumental
- Choose from a HUGE VARIETY of certified yogis and meditation experts
- Deepen your breath, loosen up your body when you need it most and set an intention such as calm, resilience or kindness.
- Be your BEST you!
“‘Yoga Every Damn Day’ just got a lot easier.” – Greatist
- “Why wake up to the intensity of an alarm when you can start your day with the sound of nature and easy-to-follow meditation routines?” – NY Mag’s The Cut
- “My muscles feel much more awake than usual, in a way I could definitely get used to.” – Well+GOOD
- ALSO FEATURED IN Forbes, LifeHacker, PopSugar, MindBodyGreen, People, Allure, Glamour, Parents, Cosmopolitan, and more!
YOGA WAKE UP SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
Yoga wake Up offers the following subscription:
- 1 month: $9.99
- 6 months: $34.99
- 1 year: $53.99
|23 February 2022
|5.0 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Yoga Wake Up, Inc.
- A wide variety of tailor-made yoga classes for you. No matter what type of yoga you practice, you can find something suitable in Daily Yoga.
- You can customize the duration, difficulty level, goal, and yoga style.
- At Daily Yoga, we are committed to making everyone feel the joy of yoga.
- We hope to help users to stay safe and keep positive during uncertain times!
If you’re a beginner to yoga, Daily Yoga App provides various guided classes to help you learn the basics before diving into more advanced classes and flows, and if you’re advanced—there are plenty of world-class teachers you want to follow with.
Featured as “Works with Google Fit”, “Top Developer”, “Clear Your Mind， Engage Your Body”, “Keep Calm & Carry On” in Google Play, voted as” Best Yoga App” of the year 2016-2019 by Healthline.
Various Classes Fit Your Goal
- Daily Yoga offers 500+ asanas, 70+ yoga programs, 500+ guided yoga, pilates, meditation sessions plus the largest yoga pose library for man and woman that suit yogis from beginner to advanced. Not only helps you stay with yoga every day, but also provides health benefits for both your mind and body.
Follow the World-Class Master
- Altogether 20 yoga masters who are globally respected or the initiator of yoga styles focus on yoga for weight loss, beginner to advanced, better sleep & full relaxation. Aim to make it easier & convenient to do yoga workouts and provide programs that align with your current goals. All sessions are taught in English.
Motivated by Community
- The community in Daily Yoga App brings yogis from all over the world closer to one another. Yogis gather here to discuss their practicing experience under the topics, tag and encourage each other to finish the challenge, follow the Yoga Tips to improve their techniques, prepare the weight-control meals according to the selected recipes. Never feel lonely, and become more limber with other motivated yogis around you.
Create Private Yoga Plan
- Don’t like to choose the default plan? You can create yours. A private Yoga plan is a cycle of 7 days. Set the workout days and rest days according to your own schedule. Then you can combine yoga sessions to each workout day according to your need. If you know your body well, please give it a try to make your workout more efficient.
|4 March 2022
|4.4 and up
|Rated for 3+
|Daily Yoga Team